Sunday, June 23, 2013





Jennifer: An O'Malley Love Story, O'Malley Series #1   -     
        By: Dee Henderson




Jennifer

An O’Malley Love Story

By

Dee Henderson

I have read many books by Dee Henderson and they are all great reads. So when the opportunity came to review this book I was very happy.

I have already read several of the O’Malley books and knew of Jennifer. This is her story.

Jennifer is a successful doctor with a thriving pediatric practice and really cares about each child she treats. She meets another doctor, Tom Peterson, who is a surgeon and starts to fall in love. 

Being the youngest of the O’Malley family she is “overly” protected by her older siblings. Trying to figure out how to introduce Tom to her family without them starting a in-depth investigation into his life has her thinking hard.

I laughed when she mentioned one of her brothers and told Tom he might come knocking at his door to check him out. I remember that brother from one of the O’Malley books and he would do just that. The O’Malley’s are a close knit but very unusual family. 

Jennifer has never believed that Jesus and God are real. But after talking with Tom she starts learning about God’s love for her. She is just a baby Christian when tragedy strikes and tests her new found faith. I shed some tears at this point.

This is a lovely love story and a good read. It will have you laughing and crying both.  If you read this story and enjoy it, you really need to start with the  first book of the O’Malley series and read them all. You will not be disappointed.



I received a copy of this book free from Bethany House Publishings for the purpose of review.

5 comments:

  1. Now I really want to read this book! I love the O'Malleys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHARONNE great review! How did I miss these books? In case you didn't know it you have a wonderful DIL in ANNE!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read (and re-read) all of the O'Malley stories. I was so happy that Jennifer and Tom got their own story. Jennifer really needed her own book apart from her story thread being woven into the other books because it helps fully show that God does work all things for the good of those who trust in Him!
    You made me laugh out loud with the comment about the brothers knocking at the door. Remember when Jack did a different kind of knocking against the jaw (or nose) of one of Lisa's ex-boyfriends?! :-)
    Thanks for sharing your review. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I love all of Dee's books. She is one of the best storytellers in the market today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister is a fan of Dee's books ever since we received one a few years back. This one sounds interesting. The stories with "over-protected" younger siblings are always cute and funny. :)

    ReplyDelete